Interstellar is a gargantuan of a film in length, how well-received it was, and how many awe-inspiring moments this masterpiece contains. Coming in at over 2 hours and 30 minutes, you’re a brave soul for wanting to play a drinking game for Interstellar, though we are more than happy to provide.
The drinking game takes a little bit of time to get going, but you’ll thank us for pacing you — we know we’ve started some long movie drinking games far too aggressively and have regretted that 90 minutes in. So sit back, grab your drinks, and let yourself be mesmerised by a movie that was acclaimed for its spectacular visual effects and soundtrack with our drinking game to Interstellar.
Interstellar Drinking Game Rules:
Take a drink when:
- There’s a shot of the farm or farmhouse
- A spaceship takes off or lands
- Anybody watches, or records, a video message
- TARS makes a joke
- You see a shot from the outside of the ship’s point of view – view image below for an example (there’s usually multiple of these in succession, so drink once per set if you’d prefer)
Finish your drink:
- For the “Eureka” moment
Interstellar Drinking Game Hardcore Rules
To take this game to the next solar system, play the hardcore version of the drinking game by adding these two rules to the usual ones, too.
- There’s a panoramic shot of a landscape
- There’s a wide shot of a planet
For a shorter drinking game if this one exhausted you, why not check out the drinking game for the Blue Mountain State series on Netflix, where you’ll be drinking to a 20 minute episode rather than lengthy movie.
If at any point in this film you feel ill or reach your limit, stop playing. Do not drink irresponsibly.
Image credits: Screengrab via Warner Bros